During the tutorial we reviewed the first brief that will be completed as part of the module, 'UK Houseplant & Cacti company branding'. After reviewing the specifics of the brief I used photographs taken from my initial research to help communicate points about the projects direction.
The notes below document the points covered during the tutorial.
- Look at 70's interiors for inspiration.
- Houseplants were very popular in this era and so it has relevance to the project.
- Aesthetic essences could be pulled from the 70's era as it has relevance to the products history and houseplants recent resurgence in popularity.
- Wolfgang Tillman's 'Philosophy on Transit' book series.
- The books aesthetic has a contemporary feel relevant to my audience. Inspired from my description of the type of aesthetic I feel is appropriate for the project.
- Consider producing a look-book as part of the outcome.
- The publication could replicate the look-books used within the fashion industry, with a refined modernist layout and a focus on photography, the only difference would be that plants would be featured, not models.
- Review Habitat Catalogue from the 1970s.
- The catalogue features 70's furniture and home wear, inspiration could be taken to form the link to the 1970's as mentioned above.
- Review 70's design, whats still relevant now? Are there any trends that have recently surged in popularity?
- Honest brand - what you see is what you get.