As it was outlined on my research plan a deeper understanding of the MOO company and its roots could be established by watching interviews with its founder, Richard Moross.
Despite a fairly in depth brief and supporting project pack containing information on the company, I felt that it was necessary to understand some of the companies specifics and journey of growth as they could help to inform the direction my campaign takes.
One piece of information I really want to find out is how the company name, MOO, was originally generated if it has any relevant to the company itself.
RICHARD MOROSS - GO GLOBAL CONFERENCE
After a short time browsing the depths of the web I came across a video recording of the lecture Richard Moross, the founder of MOO, gave at the 'Go Global Conference' in 2011. In the talk Moross discusses the companies journey and some of the business strategies that were applied to help the business grow and prosper.
While watching the video I took notes of information I felt was useful or significant;
- Richard Moross is the founder of MOO.
- The first partner the company had was flickr.
- This was a good move for MOO as flickr have a global customer base.
- MOO got access to this - helped to raise awareness.
- MOO is a global brand, established in many countries.
- Campaign could include proposal for translate outcomes.
- Company was originally called 'Pleasure Cards'
- When pitching the company idea clients hated the name.
- MOO was chosen as a name as its cool, short and memorable.
- No immediate reference to cows.